new member/ new bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new member/ new bike

i just got an 82 gs1000 from buddy. its been sitting for 4 years. i removed tank, dumped it out, drained nasty out of bowls, took airbox off, put new battery in it. it has a switch to activate starter. Got it to fire up, ran for awile, and would rev up. seemes to draw alot of juice. ive been nosing around your threads some. was hoping someone familiar would send me in right direction. One thing i picked up on is to check grounds. Does it run bad with airboxes off? it sounds like electrical could be an issue with these? Thanks, steve. If you get board goto http://airfoolers.com/

It will not run well with the airboxes off. In order for the jetting to work correctly, they must be in place.
    They do have electrical issues, anounce yourself in the New Owners area and BassCliff will give you the megawelcome which will point you in the proper directions.
    And welcome aboard.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. wheeler feeler,

That's OK, no need to make a special post in the Owner's section. I found you.

You'll find lots of handy stuff on my website. If it's not there, the helpful, friendly folks here will certainly lend a hand. I'm glad you found us.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

wow, thanks guys, im going to have to get computer in shop! by the way it is a gs1000L

Comment

Working...
        X