dyna 2000 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dyna 2000 install

just received my dyna 2000 and i have a question as to how to remove the stock mechanical advance unit on my 83 1100. I have looked everywhere but can not find my manual.Thanks in advance

12MM BOLT IN THE MIDDLE of the advancer.
    put a box end on it and smack it with your palm.
    then wiggle it off the dowl.

Comment

Same idea but I tap the advance back and forth with whatever is handy.
      I'm installing one on the 1230 kit so I'll be doing the dance soon.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

When I installed it, I mounted the box by the coils and spark plug wires. When I was running the ignition would kill for a few seconds then come back on, and do this sporadically. I finally chalked the problem to interference from the coils and wires. I re-located the box and it solved the problem. Just a heads up.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2010, 09:04 PM.

Comment

thanks for all the responses it actually came off pretty easy. just need to wire it up with my new shift light and i,ll be set

Comment

Working...
          X