Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiseco Piston Kit

Hello all,

I am looking for anyone that has the wiseco 73.5mm 1100 kit in their bikes, my cylinders are in the machine shop right now, and they machinist is questioning how much will be left to the bore, and whether or not there will overheating issues with it.

Can anyone with experience shed some light on this for me?

Thanx in advance for your assistance.

What bike are you putting it in?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Going into an 81 GS1000.

Comment

You'll be fine.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The kits are designed to fit without taking too much material from the bore.
          OTOH, you are going to be generating more heat, and might want to consider an aftermarket oil cooler. There is a member here who sells an adapter kit (IDK his screen name, perhaps someone else does).

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
            The kits are designed to fit without taking too much material from the bore.
            OTOH, you are going to be generating more heat, and might want to consider an aftermarket oil cooler. There is a member here who sells an adapter kit (IDK his screen name, perhaps someone else does).
            Terry.....................

look down a bit for a linky

<H2>What If I Have A 2-valve GS?

The answer is, you have to hook up a cooler via the oil-pressure switch cover (which lies on top of the crankcase behind the cylinder block). You can't use the plugged holes either side of the oil filter cover for the simple reason that there aren't any on the older 2-valve engines.

So what you need is an adapter plate like this:

If you'd like one of these oil cooler adapters, contact Terry and take it from there. He made the one in the photo above for my GS1000S, and it's a very neat bit of workmanship
            .</H2>
            Last edited by posplayr; 04-27-2010, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Big Jay at APE said they don't sell them because it makes the liners questionably thin. The 73 mm kit is recommended though.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

The 1085 kit is the standard big bore set up, I've been running mine for about 16 years without problems
                1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                2007 DRz 400S
                1999 ATK 490ES
                1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                  Big Jay at APE said they don't sell them because it makes the liners questionably thin. The 73 mm kit is recommended though.
                  You beat me to it
                  Speed Merchant
                  http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Motor upgrades

As been said before, most owners go up to 1085 on the 1000 engine's so its not a big deal.

Comment

Oooooeeeeeeeee.

Just had my Gs1085s done ,took it for first ride to night very pleased so far
                      but it pulls well,got Gs1100G cams in it degreed in with slotted sproxs and hi volume oil pump gears flowed head welded crank and pingel fuel tap,clutch has been strengthend aswell raised gearing 16tooth front sprox.
                      not after top speed as ride two up alot.

Comment

Working...
                      X