Oil Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Filters

Hello members, what brand oil filters other than fram yall recommend?

I use K&N, Wix Gold or NAPA (which I believe are Wix Gold). For my bike, they also include the o-ring, which I like to replace each time I replace the filter.

Comment

Anything but Fram.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Anything but Fram.
        +1 !

The napa ones are great, held the o-ring up next to the fram, and could see a difference in thickness.

Comment

+3 on anything but Fram (had some glue circulate from a Fram in my truck, destroyed the camshaft years ago), I buy Wix with the gasket. I've got lots of extra gaskets, I don't change them each and every time.

Comment

Hi,

I usually buy filters 10 at a time from Z1Enterprises or BikeBandit or Parts'n'more. It's cheap that way. Usually they are the EMGO or Hi-Flo Filtro brands. At about $3 a pop I can afford to change them every 2000 miles. With the Hi-Flo you get both the 5 lobe and 3 lobe O-rings.

There is a pretty complete list of oil filters (w/part numbers) in my oil change guide at my website.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
            Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I use Genuine Suzi filters, at AUD$12 each its not much more than aftermarket filters and I think the bike is worth the extra couple of dollars.
              Shin-Ken 1074
              1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
              1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

I wait for the 10 for $20 deal for Zook filters on Ebay. They come along once in a while.
                Has anyone bought from that guy from Hong Kong on Ebay? Man are they cheap.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Who make filters for k&n?

Comment

Originally posted by don williams View Post
                    who make filters for k&n?
                    k&n??
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I usually get Wix filters.

Comment

Working...
                      X