Back up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back up and running!

Picked this 1981 GS850GL up last summer. It had a slight oil seep in the base gasket. Figured it was the o-rings in there but road it a bit in late summer anyways and just dealt with the oily left shoe. This spring I decided I better get it tore down and fixed before riding season. Replaced the base, head, and valve cover gaskets and the o-rings throughout. Got it back together last weekend and gave it a test run in between rainstorms up at my dad's place in WI. Sounds great and no more oil leaks! I'm trailering it back down to IA this coming weekend and I'll be ready to ride.
    This site made the teardown and buildback a breeze. Thanks to all who contribute.
    Here's a couple pic's.
    The tear down

And here it is all back together.

Hi,

I just wanted to say "Well done!" Now that's a hi-viz bike. What kind of exhaust is that? It looks down right menacing. Thanks for the pictures.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Bike looks great, congrats..... Looks like a sweet space to work on your ride as well. I'm jealous

Comment

Originally posted by Can_O_Tuna View Post
        Bike looks great, congrats..... Looks like a sweet space to work on your ride as well. I'm jealous

Other than the long walk to the tools, its great!

Comment

Working...
        X