gs850 cdi box help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs850 cdi box help

my cdi box for my suzuki gs850 gt has blown an diode, so i have two questions what diode am i looking 4 and were can i find one, it a black cylinder with a blue strip on the end and it says 1r 10e 9e on it, any help? and if this wont wok dose anyone know what cdi boxies whould work on my bike as its rare to find one and if i do it is stupid money thx

The following contains details on the construction of the igniter unit and information useful for
    repairing or even rebuilding it and replacing the PCB
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. ac-dc1989,

It should be fairly easy to find a replacement diode at a local electronics store. I mean a "real" electronics store, not Radio Shack. Even if they don't have the actual part, they can usually be cross-referenced to find something that will work. I don't know what part of the world you are in, but around here we have stores like Or-Vac or Mar-Vac, and others that have bins full of semiconductor bits. If you can't find it where you are, let me know, I'll try to find it here and mail it to you.

Anyway, I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X