Power Surge when I pull the throttle,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Surge when I pull the throttle,

Hello and thanks for your help! When I pull the throttle all my lights get brighter. Is this normal or a sign of an electric problem?

when all is well you will notice the charging system output increase with RPM.

At idle you could be at 12.8-13V depending on idle speed. By 2500 you should be close to 14.V. You should not go much over 14.5 at 5000 RPM.

Normal readings are in the stator pages.

Comment

It means your charging system works AND what /\ said.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanks alot! I replaced my r/r with a used on a while back and just wanted to make sure it wasnt a symptom of a bad unit before I fried my ignitor again. Thanks for the info!

Comment

No, what will fry the expensive parts again is the poor connections that fried them last time.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hi,

What Mr. tkent02 is trying to say is, check/clean/repair every electrical connection and ground on the entire wiring harness from the headlight bucket to the tail light including the ignition switch, the fuse box, the solenoid connections, the turn signal stalks, that big, fat ground wire between the negative battery terminal and the bottom of the engine, all the molex and bullet connectors, everything. Your motorcycle will love you for it. Then run your ground wire from the r/r unit directly to the negative terminal of the battery. Your motorcycle will love you even more.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
            X