Need help identifying some wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying some wires

Ok its on a 1980 GS1000. Im trying to hook everything back up on the bike I just got. Ive got a wiring diagram from bikecliff's website. The wire is Green with a white tracer and it is down near the battery, voltage reg. and all that stuff. On the diagram the only Green/white wire i see shows it hooking to the red/white wire going to the regulator. Only problem is it doesnt show the red/white wire hooking to the regulator and I have one hooked to it from the harness. Now there is a little note on there that says *modification but I dont know what the purpose is or if its even relate to what im trying to figure as it doesnt specify what is modified I hope that was written clear enough
    ---Eric

See if you can follow that wire to its other end.

The common modification that is pointed out there is where all three stator wires (might be multi-colored, might be all one color) will be directly connected to all three regulator inputs. By doing that, there will be two wires hanging from the main harness that used to connect to one of the stator wires and its accompanying wire in the regulator.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

well by hooking them up that way thats what I get, three stator wires going to three regulator wires so should I just leave it?
      ---Eric

Comment

Working...
      X