repalcing foot brake switch/tailight issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repalcing foot brake switch/tailight issue

okay, these are two problems that probably go hand in hand...... got my bike out of hibernation last week... aside from needing a new chain and sprockets which are going on monday, I noticed that my foot brake switch was seized.... I ordered a new one already and am waiting (until monday) to install it... the second issue was on my ride home from picking up the bike, apparently the tail light completely stopped working, so no tail and brake lights now >_<, no wonder why quite a few knuckleheads have almost rear-ended me this week....... anyways, brings me to my two questions

#1: can anybody provide me with a good walk-through of how to replace the foot brake light switch on a 1980 550E?
    #2: what is the proper way to remove the tail fairing? I want to take a look at the connections, since I know they're 30 year old bullet connectors on there and something probably just came undone and I want to fix/clean them up anyways

anybody help please and thank you

Originally posted by apcsox View Post
    okay, these are two problems that probably go hand in hand...... got my bike out of hibernation last week... aside from needing a new chain and sprockets which are going on monday, I noticed that my foot brake switch was seized.... I ordered a new one already and am waiting (until monday) to install it... the second issue was on my ride home from picking up the bike, apparently the tail light completely stopped working, so no tail and brake lights now >_<, no wonder why quite a few knuckleheads have almost rear-ended me this week....... anyways, brings me to my two questions

#1: can anybody provide me with a good walk-through of how to replace the foot brake light switch on a 1980 550E?
    #2: what is the proper way to remove the tail fairing? I want to take a look at the connections, since I know they're 30 year old bullet connectors on there and something probably just came undone and I want to fix/clean them up anyways

anybody help please and thank you
    is the bulb simply burned out due to the switch sticking on?

Comment

no, first thing I checked

Comment

*bump*, please help

Comment

Working...
        X