Spark Plug kinda stuck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark Plug kinda stuck?

Hey all. Finally putting the bike back together after many, many weeks of insanity... went to torque down my spark plugs, but it seems that plug no. 2 doesn't want to tighten all the way down. It threads about halfway, then starts putting up a lot of resistance. Having been a professional broken-bolt-remover in the Army, I decided not to force the issue. Anyway, I pulled the plug out and the threads on it look fine. I swapped it with the no. 1 plug anyway, just to be sure, and ran into the same problem when I threaded it about halfway down. Hard to see down in the plug hole, but I felt around the internal threads with a finger and they don't seem to be stripped. Is there anything mechanical that might stop it at that point? Any and all suggestions appreciated.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2010, 12:05 AM.

Even if you can't see anything, the threads might be crossed or have a piece of dirt jammed in. Try spraying some cleaner or lube in there, followed by swabbing with a bristle brush. If that does not clear it, get a thread chaser at the auto parts store, lube it up and use it carefully.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
    X