How to work out which is the correct workshop manual elec diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to work out which is the correct workshop manual elec diagram

I have the original workshop manual for my GS1150 and have some electrical issues I'm trying to resolve but don't know which of the wiring diagrams to use. There are seven of them. One for EO1 & E24 models? One for EO2,04,16,17,18,21,25 and 39. One for EO6, One for E15 & 26, One for E22 and One for E28 and One for E34.

How do I work out which one to use?

Line 'em up and start throwing darts.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
      I have the original workshop manual for my GS1150 and have some electrical issues I'm trying to resolve but don't know which of the wiring diagrams to use. There are seven of them. One for EO1 & E24 models? One for EO2,04,16,17,18,21,25 and 39. One for EO6, One for E15 & 26, One for E22 and One for E28 and One for E34.

How do I work out which one to use?
      Each E# is for a different country; Look in the front of the specs section sometimes they list which is which.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Each E# is for a different country; Look in the front of the specs section sometimes they list which is which.
        Thanks. Unfortunately it isn't stated anywhere in the manual.

Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately it isn't stated anywhere in the manual.
          well what country are you looking for? Australia? The Gixxer manuals have some lists, but the lists but sometimes not complete.

If all else fails use Google:

Aussie is E-24

Last edited by posplayr; 04-30-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

well what country are you looking for? Australia? The Gixxer manuals have some lists, but the lists but sometimes not complete.

If all else fails use Google:

Aussie is E-24

http://www.suzukicycles.org/_misc/identification.shtml
            Thank you very much Posplayr. I did try a google search and even found the same site (but not that page).

You made a very good guess. My bike was imported 2nd hand to New Zealand from Australia back around 1990.

Thank you again

Comment

Thank you very much Posplayr. I did try a google search and even found the same site (but not that page).

You made a very good guess. My bike was imported 2nd hand to New Zealand from Australia back around 1990.

Thank you again
              Well I checked back a second time and saw New Zealand, and figured that Aussie was the only logical conclusion. Love to vist your country sometime.

Are the 1150 harnesses not still available, or just looking for something specific?

Comment

Well I checked back a second time and saw New Zealand, and figured that Aussie was the only logical conclusion. Love to vist your country sometime.

Are the 1150 harnesses not still available, or just looking for something specific?
                I would be happy to play host for a few days

It appears the loom is no longer available.

My bike has been made naked and modified (probably motivated by accident damage and limited part$ options) the loom appears to have been hacked up a fair bit (approx a dozen wires in one location and another half dozen elsewhere have been cut and maybe a half dozen others spliced in) the bike was rewired for a different set instruments (with cable drive rev counter) had a left bar switch control from different model with loss of self canceling indicator function and the indicator switch jams frequently.

I decided that along with sorting out the forks, triple clamp bearings, rear shock, swingarm bearings, wheel bearings, brake lines etc, that I would reinstall the original instruments with functioning rev counter and a Motoguzzi Mk4 LeMans fairing & headlight (that looks really cool).

The loom had been wrapped up in a flexible ducting and it wasn't until I striped some of the ducting away that I realised how much of it had been cut off.

I sourced one still on a tidy bike (sans motor) and was sent a picture of the loom when it was taken off ready for packaging. It arrived yesterday and I have found that less than a quarter of the connectors match up. I have just now checked the picture and see that the loom he has sent is not the same as the loom in the picture.

I have now printed a picture of a Microfiched loom diagram to check against what's happening on my bike.

Thanks again for the help, and be sure to advise when you are coming over.

Comment

Update. Just got reply from supplier of the loom.

"
                  Mate...I've done some dumb things in my time....and this is up there with the best on them...!!!!!
                  Sorry I had on hold a Katana loom, and yours...yep I sent you a Katana one....I will send up the correct one with choke lever and a return courier bag ...Mate apologies

Regards
                  Barry"

Comment

Working...
                  X