Dyna 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna 2000

Do you still need a ignighter box if you put on one of those 404 dollar kits from Z1enterprizes? Or is that the whole deal.
    [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
    Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

Dyna 2000 is the whole deal incl electronic advance. Dyna S requires you use the stock mechanical advance (pre 82) and is a whole lot cheaper.

Neither require use of the stock igniter box. One your bike I would go for the 120$$ Dyna S will work just as well and a lot easier to fit.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      Dyna 2000 is the whole deal incl electronic advance. Dyna S requires you use the stock mechanical advance (pre 82) and is a whole lot cheaper.

Neither require use of the stock igniter box. One your bike I would go for the 120$$ Dyna S will work just as well and a lot easier to fit.
      I'm all scary about this 30 year old electrical stuff. If I got the Dyna S and a newer Reg/Rec. I would feel better about riding farther away from the house.
      [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

Some of the old stuff is not so bad....

If you're going down thatcroute then where do you stop? Replace the coils, due box, ignition etc.....

Replacing the RR and ignitor with a Dyna S is not such a bad move in my opinion if you're after ultimate reliability. They are pretty bombproof apart from that.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Your last statement sounds a little confusing there Dan because he will still need the R/R. Ray.

Comment

My thinking

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
            Your last statement sounds a little confusing there Dan because he will still need the R/R. Ray.
            Why mix old stuff with new. Maybe I'll buy a few new parts at a time till I have all new stuff then replace it all. Thats a big hit on the pocketbook all at once.
            [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

Also

I was wiggling my spark plug wires while the bike was running. When I grabbed the #2 wire I could feel a light shock. But not on any of the other wires doe's that mean the wire is bad? How could this happen the leads are plastic and rubber.
              [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

dyna 2000

Atv galaxy has best prices on dyna 2000

Comment

Working...
                X