Odometer advance GS750ED 1983

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odometer advance GS750ED 1983

I have Suzuki GS750ED 1983 the instrument panel needed replacing as most of the gauges were broken when I bought the bike.

I just bought a replacement (used) instrument panel and I have a problem the odometer reading is about 20,000 km less then it should be .. how can I advance it to the proper mileage. I know this seems to be a silly question but I would like the mileage to be the same as the old one....

Thanks in advance

Gord

Typically what people do if they want to keep a good record is take a picture of the two gauges side by side when you make the swap. Print it out and save the digital. Then keep the old one and give that to the buyer if/when you eventually sell it. I think that is more accurate than trying to open it up and change things.

You also could just ride 20,000 km to advance it

Comment

You could put one end of a speedo cable in a power drill, attach the other end to your new speedo/odo and advance the odo to the correct mileage. It may take awhile though.

Comment

Keep in mind...advancing the speedo, or reversing it, technically in MOST states is ILLEGAL. Having said that, Im pretty sure you can simply crack the gauges open and advance it by hand... Not positive tho, and you may have to actually open the gauges themselves on the older style, but last time I was in a set like YOURS i seem to remember being able to get at the ODO drive..

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I have decided to leave the mileage as is and document the difference with paper and digital pictures.

Comment

Working...
          X