Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If money wasn't an object....(which it is of course)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If money wasn't an object....(which it is of course)

Hello All,

I am looking to service the clutch on my 821100GL for the first time since I've owned it. It has 26,000 mile and is starting to shift pretty hard and am getting some major rattling in the lower end.

The ordering process begins with the basics, clutch plates, gaskets etc...

What else should I be ordering a head of time? I have yet to take it apart but would like to minimize my down time and get all the parts I would likely need.

I ONLY WANT TO DO THIS ONCE! So I'd rather spend the money now....

I have read that my issue might be a clutch basket. The link below shows the drawing of the clutch.

Any ideas of the best parts resource for this? I have read about welded billet aluminum baskets. Good idea? Overkill? http://www.bikebandit.com/1982-suzuk...m6005sch263872

Thanks in advance....

Just send your basket off to Ray to fix it, get some new springs, the rest is probably good.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

get plates and springs, the rattling could be the clutch hub nut, get a hardened one. Ape has one for like 25 bucks. Dont do the extra plate clutch kith from ape as it seems to be known to eat into the basket due to the thin steel core plates. Instead get an EBC heavy duty kit. Grabs hard when you want, easy when you want, and is affordable. Kit comes with springs and plates. I dont see why you would need a basket unless its actually broken, however, ape has a nice billet basket if your willing to spend the money.

Comment

Thanks guys. Placed an order with Z1 today...

Comment

Working...
        X