Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSI Suzuki - The Forensic Files

Bike 1100ez has 107,000 miles

Clutch last changed at 40,000 so the clutch basket and hub below have 77K on them.

Warning, Please don't allow young children to view these pics, they are nasty.....

Needless to say everything has been replaced.

Spring cleaning.

Old springs from head and clutch. The valves springs had about 47K on them. Three of the smaller valve springs were broken.

Comment

Original rocker arms with 107K on them

The best of 8.

The worst of 8.

Comment

Yosh 1133 Pistons with 97K on them. Put them in when oem crank twisted at 10K.

Builder thought they still looked viable but Yoshimura USA hasn't answered any of my emails about availability of new rings. May have to go direct to Yosh in Japan.

If nothing else they would make nice mantle ornaments.

Replacements

Comment

Warranty crank installed after original twisted. This one has 97K on it. Stan Gardner thought it was still worth keeping. Interestingly Suzuki replaced my 82 small end with a 82 small end. I'm sure they did this to save having to change out the generator, etc. The dealer kept telling me it was replaced with an 83 but I think he just meant welded crank.

If you ever wondered what the difference between a big end and a small end is, this should tell you.

New crank from Stan.

Comment

Nice thread. Thanks for sharing.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Good stuff, can we swap motors when your done?

Comment

So did you go 1166 on the Wiseco?
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Chef,

Yep 1166 in NOS bored block, Star Racing prepared head with .5 over stainless valves and HMP Rick Stetson porting and G3 cams. I didn't want to go too lumpy on the cams. RS38 carbs. The G3 are close to the Yosh Stage I's I had in there.

Comment

Did I see your old pistons on Ebay????
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

No, I plan to keep them. I think the ebay ones were high compression. Mine are 10.25:1. Just need to find some rings. To be honest I've never sold anything. I'm a hunter gatherer.

I'm like one of the old koot collectors that those guys on "Pickers" try to pry stuff away from.
                      Last edited by isleoman; 05-14-2010, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Pic of stock valves. These have about 40K on them since head was ported and valves were last done. No cleaning other than a quick wipe with simple green. The one on the left looks bent but I think the cabon build up is just making it look that way.

Replacements

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
                          No, I plan to keep them. I think the ebay ones were high compression. Mine are 10.25:1. Just need to find some rings. To be honest I've never sold anything. I'm a hunter gatherer.

I'm like one of the old koot collector that those guys on "Pickers" try to pry stuff away from.

Love that show.. I admit I have a problema.

Comment

the head and block, are they the cleaned up originals or new parts?

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                              the head and block, are they the cleaned up originals or new parts?
                              David,

Original ported head was cleaned up by Star Racing as part of new valve job. The block is a NOS unit I picked up on Ebay several years ago and was saving for a spare engine build. I ended up using it on the original engine and bored to 1166 for the Wiseco pistons. The clutch cover needs a good cleaning once no oil warning is removed.

Hope to get it fired up this weekend. Just need to clean the RS carbs, install cooler, body, exhaust, and case guards. Have one last wire from new harness to sort out. I think the currently available NOS harnesses are from 83 and are slightly different from the 82. I have a non GS Suzuki push/pull throttle and the on/off safety switch wiring is slightly different as well.

The guy that had the NOS block also had two flame burnished titanium NOS Yosh headers for a Final Edition Katana. He wanted $650 and I thought that was too much at the time. He lived in LA and must of had family or friends in Japan that were shipping him stuff. Would be 3 times that now to import one.

The original block is bored to 1133 for the Yosh Pistons that's what I will probably slowly build my spare around now, if I can find some rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X