fork air pressure 82 gs1100ez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fork air pressure 82 gs1100ez

Hi. I've had a "new to me" '82 gs1100ez for about two weeks now, I checked fork air PSI, zero. I tried hand pump, no luck. I pulled the valve off and air would pass through. I reinstalled the vave and could not get air to pass through? Any thoughts? Thank you. jona.

Generally you should run zero pressure and get the springs set correctly.

I think someone mentioned about the cross flow only working during pumping. I may not be remembering that correct.

There should be a simple air valve on the one side; I think max is something like 10 psi

Comment

Ya gotta open both air port bolts on each fork to allow air to enter the forks. Once air is in tighten both the air port bolts.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

The previous owner may have installed upgraded aftermarket springs, which is why he didn't pressurize the fork....confirm with him if possible, and leave it alone if they feel fine.
        '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
        Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Thanks. Ya' it's those two bolts, and the previous owner put in progressive's.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
            Ya gotta open both air port bolts on each fork to allow air to enter the forks. Once air is in tighten both the air port bolts.
            Since I never use air, I should be excused for forgetting that

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              Since I never use air, I should be excused for forgetting that
              Im with ya . I just put mine back together.......arse-backwards. Ooops!!
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
              X