fork brace for a 1980 GS450E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fork brace for a 1980 GS450E?

Anyone know of a good source for such a part? Anyone? Buehler, Buehler?

Hi,

I got one from fastfromthepast.com. They list braces for the 450S and 450L. One of those might fit. Send them and email or call to see what they recommend.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

the forks from the E and the S should be the same. The bikes are virtually identical; the only difference I can see is the cafe fairing on the S, the E has no fairing.

Comment

I would think your right about the E and the S. One way to find the straight scoop is to go to someplace like Alpha Sport on line and check the part numbers.

Charlie G
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I have one of each I have yet to find anything I could not put on either bike. I have done troubleshooting on a few parts by swapping them from one bike to the other too.

Comment

From what I can see the only differences are the fairing and mirrors, I think they even had the same handlebars...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

On Fastfromthepast.com all of the fork braces for the 450's are the same. They have different inventory numbers, but they are all stamped 175 in the photos. Thinking of picking up one of these myself.

Comment

What is the benefit of adding a fork brace?

Comment

Working...
                X