Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey can you help me identify these gauges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey can you help me identify these gauges?

I'm looking at two sets of "1990" GSXR 750 gauges:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_500wt_976
    and
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_500wt_750

It appears that one set may not be telling the truth. I'm thinking the two-gauge set is the real 1990. If the other one is not, can any one tell me which year it is coming from?

Thanks.

First off the GSXR 750 Tachs always go higher than the GSXR 1100 tach so the one that starts to redline at about 13K is the GSXR 750 and the other which I think is at 11K is the 1100.

The ones with the 3rd gauge are for the water cooled which are 93 on. The one with only two is 90-91 GSXR. You can go to the parts fiche to confirm. I have both sets of gauges. Both in GSXR 750 flavors.

The speedo needle is broken on the 90-91 set. I have swapped over my GSXR to a 92 GSXR 1100 set of gauges. The 92 has a more decorative machince faceplate with a GSXR logo

It is probably possible to adapt the water temp sensor to work with oil temp. The ranges are slightly different.
    Last edited by posplayr; 05-14-2010, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Me likes the second link tach/speedo better...

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        First off the GSXR 750 Tachs always go higher than the GSXR 1100 tach so the one that starts to redline at about 13K is the GSXR 750 and the other which I think is at 11K is the 1100.

The ones with the 3rd gauge are for the water cooled which are 93 on. The one with only two is 90-91 GSXR. You can go to the parts fiche to confirm. I have both sets of gauges. Both in GSXR 750 flavors.

The speedo needle is broken on the 90-91 set. I have swapped over my GSXR to a 92 GSXR 1100 set of gauges. The 92 has a more decorative machince faceplate with a GSXR logo

It is probably possible to adapt the water temp sensor to work with oil temp. The ranges are slightly different.
        Great info, thanks Pos.

Comment

Working...
        X