Frames gusstes rear master cylinder relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frames gusstes rear master cylinder relocation

For those of you that have done the frame gusseting on the old GS frames what did you do with the rear master cylinder. I removed the the tabs that held it in place because it would no longer work in the same location with the frames gussets and the 1989 GSXR 750 rear swingarm. I have some ideas as to where I would put it and fab some tabs to mount it on the back side of the lower frame rail behind the foot peg but I am curious as to what some of you guys have done. For what its worth it is a 1981 GS750 frame.

Picture before the frame gussets and new swingarm, it tucks in nicely into the V of the frame in its factory location.

Now with the frame gussets added and using the GSXR swingarm there is no longer room to mount it in the same location as well the rod for the plunger wil not fit between the frame and the swingarm..........any ideas????????

Here it is getting close to ready for paint after I figure this out

I don't know if you can use something like this, but on my bike, I made a remote master cylinder copying this one:

That way, you can pretty much put it anywhere.

Comment

Not sure this will help you but I had Katman make my top hat spacers for the swingarm offset so I could squeese the brake plunger rod between the frame and swingarm.

With that big frame gusset, not sure it would help unless you ran behind. Just another option and complexity. You have to adjust your rear wheel spacer of course.

Comment

Hmmmmm.....I guess its back to the drawing board, thanks for the replies I like the idea of the remote bracket, pos I dont think there will be enough room to get the plunger down through where it went originally I think I am going to have to mount it on the back side of the frame rail and conger up some linkage thats strong and safe.

If anyone else has any thoughts please feel free

Comment

Working...
        X