Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leatherup.com

Hi folks,

I took a big chance and bought boots, gloves and a new jacket from this site and, despite some long shipping times, the products are amazing! The boots are superior to what I've seen in the shops costing up to $300; leatherup's were $72. The jacket is incredible; nothing I've checked out below $500 compares and this one was around $100. I don't have a standard for the gloves, but they are high quality. The site pictures and descriptions are accurate, service is great and selection is good. I'm not one to order things like boots and jackets, but since my entire order was less than the price of the jacket I wanted originally, I figured I'd take a chance and am actually glad I did.

I picked up my jacket from there also. I'll admit their prices are excellent! I had to exchange the jacket, and the turn-around time from me shipping the return until the new one arrived was almost an entire month....every one of the reviews mentioned ordering the jacket a size larger than you normally wear, which I did, but it was still a bit too small. Had to go 2 sizes larger. Keep that in mind if you're a "big-boneded" fellow!

My biggest complaint was when one of the zippers failed on my jacket after having worn it only a couple times. Once you remove the tags from your item, it is un-returnable. The only choices I had were to send it in for them to "determine" if they would fix it, or to have it fixed here and send them the receipt to "determine" if they would reimburse me.

SO...While it was a great price on the jacket, I really like the jacket, and I'd definitely recommend the site to anyone looking to save a buck on some decent gear, their customer svc left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by drejal View Post
      My biggest complaint was when one of the zippers failed on my jacket after having worn it only a couple times.
      Ditto, I have bought 2 jackets from this vendor (one for me & one for my son) and both jackets have broken zippers... fairly nice jackets "feature" wise, but not the greatest quality. I'm still wearing mine though.

I recently bought a similar "Motoboss" jacket on clearance from Cycle-Gear & the difference in the quality is striking - stitching, fabric fit & zippers are all superior to the Leatherup model, and i paid $70 for this one!!
      '85 GS550L - SOLD
      '85 GS550E - SOLD
      '82 GS650GL - SOLD
      '81 GS750L - SOLD
      '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
      '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
      '82 GS1100G - SOLD
      '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

I'm pretty sure I got some gloves and a few other minor accessories from them which were just fine. I guess bottom line is if it has a zipper, find out how much it costs to replace it locally and do the math. It might still be worthwhile.

EDIT: I went back through my records and the website and I know I got a <$40 rain set that is really awesome. It's light weight so easy to pull out and put on over gear in short notice and has kept me dry the few time I have used it. I think it's the XElement brand they list. Cheapest rain set I could find at the time and does the job. Maybe the zipper will give, but it has snaps and velcro, too. The pants are pull up elastic, so no zipper worries there. The stuff I got is designed to put on over whatever your regular gear is. Totally worth <$40 IMO.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

buddys gear

my buddy got most of his gear from that site. he got boots (element) saddlebags (element), and a jacket. i think he may have gotten his helmit from there as well (icon). the only thing he uses that i know he didnt get from there are his gloves that he bought overseas okleys with kevlar knuckles. he is realy happy with everything he has purchesed from that site.

Comment

I too bought my jacket several years ago from them and still love it! Again with the zippers though, one of my cuff zippers broke when the jacket was about a year old, but it is 6 or 7 now and the main and pocket zippers all work fine. It was one of the cheapest single piece non-patchwork leather jackets I could find and am still pleased with it.

Comment

I guess I got lucky with my jacket's zippers; all YKK and still doing great.

Comment

Got my jacket there. Happy with it so far, after a few rides. It's not as high quality as some of the other jackets I tried on but for only $70 hard to go wrong.

Comment

Ordered a couple of clearance riding vests from Xelement/leather up last fall, and sizing was the issue. Quality of the product was excellent (and they were on clearance, too). Will buy from them again!!

Comment

just got a jacket and gloves from them. like them both and the price was really good.

Comment

Working...
                    X