Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swingarm and steering stem bearings numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swingarm and steering stem bearings numbers?

I know it's been discussed before but I can't find that thread anymore - does anyone know the bearings standard size/code for swingarm and steering - so i can buy them at the bearings shop (and pay 3 times less than through the local zook stealership).

i think it was bwringer or nessism or matchless or ? that mentioned this some time ago in one of the discussions
    Last edited by psyguy; 05-20-2010, 09:42 PM.
    GS850GT

Hi,

I don't think the embedded part numbers work for the bearings in question.

Alpha-Sports.com says that #3 (part# 09265-30005, superseded by 09265-30009) is a 30x55x17 bearing.

This is what I found on McMaster-Carr's website:

It's their part# 6677K58. Click the picture above for more information.

Alpha-Sports.com says the swingarm bearings (part# 09265-17012) are 17x40x15.25. The closest I could find at McMaster-Carr is 17x40x13.25.

Maybe Mr. bwringer will come along to confirm or deny this information.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Check with www.allballsracing.com

Comment

thanks cliff - 30x55x17 sounds right for the lower steering stem bearing
        GS850GT

Comment

Im not sure what kinda money you're looking at but I got my Allballs from a seller on ebay for 28 bux in a kit with the seals.
          My bad.. After a bit of research it turns out I paid 32 bux.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...34623&viewitem=
          Last edited by Octain; 05-22-2010, 06:43 AM.
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

the retail price for an aftermarket set is not an issue but the shipping to new zealand is, as these are heavy items.

locally, i can either go oem or through the bearings shop and their prices as i mentioned are MUCH better than oem
            GS850GT

Comment

I know that oldskoolsuzuki.info has a bearings guide. Once on site go to "PP's Pages" and then the "Technical reference" section, and then click on the link to the 'Head Bearings Sizes' spreadsheet.

FYI chaps, there's also a spreadsheet covering wheel bearing sizes. It's a handy website!

Cheers,
              Mike.

Comment

thanks mike
                the gs correct combo seems to be:

Upper: 25 x 47 x 15
                Lower: 30 x 55 x 17
                GS850GT

Comment

in case anyone might be looking for this info...

i have discovered that on the www.alpha-sports.com website fiche when you click on the bearing part number it also shows you the actual dimensions.

so, the above numbers are correct for the steering stem bearings.

and the dimensions for the swing arm bearings are: 17X40X15.25
                  GS850GT

Comment

Yes, that Alpha site is handy for so many things.

I like their search engine, the way you get to your particular bike.

I like the fact that they use genuine Suzuki part numbers and will show you if it's been superceeded.

Sometimes their pictures are a bit clearer than others'.

So tell me, how do they stay in business charging prices that are 25% (or more) higher than most of the others?

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post

i have discovered that on the www.alpha-sports.com website fiche when you click on the bearing part number it also shows you the actual dimensions.
                      LOL, re-reading this thread I realized BassCliff actually already said the same thing but I didn't notice it at the time. Sorry B'Cliff , credit's to you!
                      GS850GT

Comment

Working...
                      X