82 gs450t bobber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs450t bobber

so while my bike is out of commision for a bit i decided to freshen her up alittle....here is what i started out with

and i wanted to bob her out bc i like my bike to stand out!!! i cut the rear frame and the risers for the stock seat.

i also picked up a new brake light and tag light. i relocated the tag vertically on the left side of the bike using the rear chain gaurd mounting hole. i made my own seat out of plywood, padding, and red leather i had laying around. i was tired of the stock color which was like a turqious...so i painted it matte black.

so thats where i stand with my bike for now but let me know your input on future mods. thanks

update: romoved the front fender and installed drag bars

Comment

next i have a buddy making dual straight pipes. but should i have ground pounder styling or turn outs??? any suggestions?

Comment

pipes

Nice looking bob. Looks like you drilled out the stock pipes. Any carb changes? I sure would love to hear what they sound like, youtube?

Scott

Comment

i took out the stock baffles by drilling out the rivets...no changes to the carbs yet...i will when i switch to pod filters and get the new exhaust in but it doesnt seem to lack in power from doing that. i dont have a good digital video camera so no youtube...but it sounds decent

Comment

My personal opinion is I like turn outs. Like seeing the angle cuts.

Comment

Like your project! Pretty much what I'm into now.

Comment

i had pretty much made up my mind about the turn outs...i like the styling myself, just wanted to hear yalls opinion. harcracing, do u have a thread started on a custom bobber? i ordered parts from cycleorings.com and have my carbs apart and soaking in barry's or something like that so ill snap some pics and post them up soon!!!

Comment

After seeing your first pictures I was going to post about doing something with the front fender... looks like you did!

Can you post more detail on the license plate relocation?

I'm starting to redo my '81 450e and don't know how I'm going to handle that item

Comment

i used the rear chain gaurd mount to attach an "L" bracket. then using a handicap sign i "found", i traced out the tag and the mounting for the tag light. i cut it out, painted it black, mounted, and wired it up using the old constant 12v from the original brake light. easy mod so far and only cost me 5 bucks for the tag light!!!

Comment

i have one of the carbs apart and it has been soaked...just waiting for my oring from cycleoring to get here so i can assemble and tear down the other carb...next im taking of the valve and heads to rebuild the top end!!! i guess thats the only good thing about the florida rain...leaves plenty of downtime...lol oh btw the dates on the camera are way off.

Comment

update....
                        recieved my orings, got the left side carb back together and have the right side soaking right now...ive also started to take apart the bike to rebuild the top end...here are some pics!!!

oh and the person before me must have taken the h-pipe off and welded it shut

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by adam89 View Post
                            Hey, it looks great. But I suggest welding shut the frame just behind the shocks. You know where it got chopped? So what else you got planned?
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2010, 01:59 AM.

Comment

ok so the carbs are done and back together but im still in the process of dropping the motor and rebuilding the top end....only 2 bolts hold the motor up oh and the chain but that will be put of for a few days...

and as far as the end caps of the frame i dont have a welder but my buddy about 30 min south of me does so i try to get him to do it when he makes my exhaust....but eventually ill go as far as hardtailing the bike but thats way in the future when i get another bike so the ladies can still ride...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X