Finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally...

Well I am finally getting to go through my lil' zuke after 2 years and 3 years of not riding at all. I went to the DMV today and I am actually getting my title. I am going back to SUZUKI's and getting rid of the honda that almost killed me 3 years ago. Anyway...

The bike I call lil zuke is a 81' gs550L. It has a V & H 4-1 pipe on it and the work I am getting ready to do and I started it tonight is the harness and carbs and some cosmetic work. Some of the new parts are some new superbike bars and carbon fiber mirrors that I had in my garage for quite some time. I didnt want to work on the bike because I didnt know if I was gonna get a title. So now it is in the works...And I cant wait... I'll keep ya posted...

Originally posted by 82kat View Post
    I'll keep ya posted...
    Please do. It sounds like a nice project. Welcome to the addiction .
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

And don't forget the pictures Keep us posted

Comment

Well I did some detail work tonite. I scuffed up the frame some and gave the frame a coat of black paint. This should help keep the rust away for awhile. I have got pics of it but they are to large again so I will have to figure this out so you all can see it. I do know one thing the mag wheels are gonna get painted when I take the wheels off so I can mount my new tires when I get them ordered anyway. Dont really want to put the time in to polishing them just because I dont want to. So I am ytrying to decide what color. My girlfriend says black and I am thinking of a dark orange, just because my 82 katana is painted prowler orange the frame is anyway. That bike will be another post here soon. I do know that I want to put a different fender on the rear end, it has the chrome fender. I cant stand that look. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by 82kat View Post
          I have got pics of it but they are to large again so I will have to figure this out so you all can see it.
          Set up a photobucket account and post your pictures from there. I'm a newbie myself and Bikecliffs tutorial got me up and posting pics in no time. You can find his .pdf here:

Hope this helps!

Comment

PICS for you finally

Well here are some pics for you to see what I am currently working on between my work and school...OH ya and I finally got the title free and clear...WOO HOO

Comment

well I got my haynes repair manual today in the mail from amazon. So as of tonite I got my wiring all figured out. So now I am wwaiting on my new fender assembly which includes my brake light and new turn signals.
              Then after that I have to clean out the carbs and clean out the gas tank....sweet

Comment

Working...
              X