weird front end feeling when riding 2 up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird front end feeling when riding 2 up

Took my wife for a ride to the store and it feels like my front end has way to much play in it. I have stock springs in it and I'm currently running with no air in the forks. Was told this wouldnt hurt anything. TCK lent me some rear shocks for it and they work much better than the 30 year old shocks I had before.

I know you guys are going to suggest progressive springs and I plan on getting them as soon as Money isnt so tight. What I'm wondering is why my front end feels like it has so much play in it. Its almost like the front end is coming up off the ground or something.

I weigh 195lbs and my wife is 250lbs If this helps.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
    Took my wife for a ride to the store and it feels like my front end has way to much play in it. I have stock springs in it and I'm currently running with no air in the forks. Was told this wouldnt hurt anything. TCK lent me some rear shocks for it and they work much better than the 30 year old shocks I had before.

I know you guys are going to suggest progressive springs and I plan on getting them as soon as Money isnt so tight. What I'm wondering is why my front end feels like it has so much play in it. Its almost like the front end is coming up off the ground or something.

I weigh 195lbs and my wife is 250lbs If this helps.
    You NEVER tell people how much a lady weighs!

I'm kidding. (sort of) But I am sure it is important info to know.

You replaced your fork seals not long ago, right? Are you sure you have the correct amount/type of fork oil? I dunno how much of a difference this can make, but I thought it might be worth a mention.

Comment

If you're not running any air then the fork is way too soft for two up riding. Either run air if the fork holds it or use some PVC spacers over the springs to get the sag right. Do a search for setting up sag either here on the site or google it. You might need to cut some length off your springs if that doesn't stiffen things up enough.

Comment

Yeah I'm going to go out and try to put sme air in it to see if it makes it any better.
        I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
        1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Stick a couple of psi in your forks . Money's a bit tight , air is free .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Working...
          X