81 GS650GL Bobber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS650GL Bobber

Alright, I'm still new here but I saw a few other bobber projects so I figured I would share mine. Been working on it for maybe a 2 months now. Here's how it looked they day I got it:

For 150 bucks I think I did good. It was missing the R/R unit and the ignitor unit. I've got another R/R off a junk honda. Hopefully it'll work, but if not it was only 20 bucks. I also plan on getting the Dyna S ignition. From my understanding that ignition unit will allow me to bypass the ignitor unit.

Since I've got it I've made a hard tail out of it and got a new tank mounted:

I've got it stripped down to the frame now and I'm finishing up some welds and getting it ready for paint. Hoping to get it done before I start college

Will have to say looking good so far....I am jealous....I don't have any welding skills or a welder... I think these bikes make great looking bobbers. My future GS project is going to be a bobber. There are a couple of pictures here and I have google searched a few and they look sweet.

Comment

Thanks man! To be honest though I'm not that great of a welder, but I'm going to be the only one riding this thing so it's just my butt on the line. If you type in "82 suzuki gs bobber shaft drive" you'll find one sick bike that's my inspiration for this

Comment

Working...
      X