New rotors w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rotors w/pics

I found these rotors on ebay. Shipping took about a week. The inside is anodized aluminum. They seem like a quality piece. Direct replacement for the CBR F3 rotors with the twinpot conversion. I thought I would share my find.

They look nice!
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      They look nice!
      Thanks, I thought so and my braking is much improved.

Comment

Let us know how they work out. The Gixxer guys normally frown on the Chinese rotors.

Comment

Very sweet! Going by the listing description, this doesn't seem to be one of the no-name, fly by night operations that focus mainly on appearance. + 1, keep us posted as to the long-term quality.....that is a pretty good price, if you have seen what wave rotors are typically going for.
          EDIT: Did you check the weight savings over the stock GS items....probably significant.
          '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
          Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

They are two to three pounds lighter than stock rotors per pair.
            Nice upgrade over my old ones that were warped, no more pulsing and the braking power is quite a bit better. The friction surface is stainless steel.

Comment

Most rotors come with a oily? film to keep them from rusting, these had a bit of some sort of coating on them, that I thoroughly cleaned with brake clean. I have put some 500+ km on them and even with old stock brake lines its a two finger braking even with a heavy passenger. The rotors are wearing nice, they just looked polished on the braking area. I am running new ebc pads. I am very happy with them.

Comment

What did you use to redrill the holes?

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
                  What did you use to redrill the holes?
                  Just like Dan recommended, bolted the spacer to the old holes and used the spacer as a guide for the new holes, using a good titanium coated bit.
                  I was thinking of just enlarging the existing holes, but with the bolts and the bolt locking tab pieces there, they cover it up pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                    Just like Dan recommended, bolted the spacer to the old holes and used the spacer as a guide for the new holes, using a good titanium coated bit.
                    I was thinking of just enlarging the existing holes, but with the bolts and the bolt locking tab pieces there, they cover it up pretty much.
                    With nice new floating rotors this is a must do mod go a OE GS

Comment

I'm just comparing your Arashi to these top of the line Galfers I got. The spiders on the Arashi appear stronger due to the triangle structure supporting each button although apparently it is not nessesary.

Also notice that the Gaulfer slot pattern is symetrical to the spider pattern but not the wheel bolt pattern. In fact the install instructions say to offset the rotors relative to one another.

These Galfers are for a 1st Gen GSXR and at a 40% discount were still well over twice what you paid. If they hold up i would suggest this is a great mod for a GS. I have not finished bedding mine in yet, but they seem butter smooth.

How are they holding up?

Comment

Working...
                      X