change wheels to gsxr 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change wheels to gsxr 90

I have a 79 gs 1000 L and I'm modding it and want to upgrade to a better wheels and tires aswell as brakes. I already have a 83 gs 1100 e frontend and was hoping to just change the wheel with rotors and make adapter brackets for the caliper for the 90 gsxr wheels and in the rear I was going to a gs 1100e alum. swinger which I've seen wi9th work you can fit up to a 180 tire so the 90 gxsr wheel with right spacers and 5/8 offset sprocket and other little mods should do it. Am I on the right track? I've seen more complete frontends conversions than just wheel and brake changes? Thanks

i can tell u from experience, it is much easier to swap front end out for a newer one. it is a straight swap. i used a 1990 gsxr 1100 and it uses same bearings and stem. if u need more info let me know.

Comment

If you can work around bearing sizes up front you might be able to make it work. The problem I and others have found is there is no bearing available to make the GSXR wheels fit the GS forks. You have to manufacture a bushing to take up the space left from using the small od GS bearing in the larger od GSXR wheel hub. Others have reported problems with the GS forks having too little room between them to make room for the calipers. In the long run the extra machining makes the entire GSXR front the easier way to go and probably in about the same cost range.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

best to use the complete front fork assembly forks,brakes,rotors,tripple. then you need to figure out how to mount the gauges

Comment

I'm pretty sure you need at least 1150 forks to fit any GSXR wheel between the forks.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for your input and I guess I will make the jump to the gsxr 1100 front end or other instead of just wheels. Thanks

Comment

a GS500E front wheel will bolt straight in the gs1000 forks but you will have to modify calipers and brackets. matches the gsxr rear wheel too.

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
              X