What do I have here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I have here??

Found this straight spring inside the Cooley. Obviously a straight rate spring, but is it supposed to be so short? The pvc spacer is about 5 1/2 inches long. A better choice over a progressive wound spring? A stock spring and spacer is shown on top:

Last edited by renobruce; 05-30-2010, 07:25 PM.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Hi,

As I understand it, that's a trick used to firm up old springs. Cut 'em down and add a long spacer.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

It is possible also the straight spring is Racetech. They do straight springs that are short on the 1st Gen GSXR. Similar look in comparision of Progressive to RT.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        It is possible also the straight spring is Racetech. They do straight springs that are short on the 1st Gen GSXR. Similar look in comparision of Progressive to RT.
        Thanks, Jim. They are not progressives that have been cut, so maybe they are racetech. I'll give 'em a try.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Brain fart . Whos the guy around here with all the straight spring info.... ????
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Hi,

Do you mean Sonic Fork Springs?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
            X