BOM June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOM June

Very Nice bike what a find; Please do it justice and get it properly jetted. The pipes are showing that the valves are suffering.

I have seen this bike in person...it is a beautiful Skunk.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Tastefully done. very nice!

Comment

Friggin Hot Rod !! Sweet....
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Nice find!!

Comment

Love that bike, what a find.

Comment

Nice bike....but like was said, those pipes are very blue. Maybe have somehere here help if needed to get those carbs jetted correctly.
              Have fun with that bike!

Comment

Well, While I WILL agree that the bike is a bit lean, I wont necessarily say that the valves are suffering just yet..

Those pipes are single wall. they will colour a bit even if the bike is in perfect tune. Actually a nice gold tinge at the turn down from the head is just about what you want to see. Means youre in the right range anyway. Stock GS pipes are double walled. Thus, they dont change colour so easy. If you see stock pipes that colour, THEN Id be leary if I were purchasing said bike. And then of course, most of the other headers you see are black, or ceramic-coated, which you cant really see much colour change in..

Comment

Yeah, I guess it's all right if you're only into 1000's, heh, heh!
                  Seriously, cool bike! You got a hell of a deal!
                  Kevin
                  E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                  "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                  Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Very, very nice, but I'm kind of baised to black GS1000s.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I love to hear about those "barn" finds.
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Where are you guys seeing the picture of the bike, I cant see it ?

Comment

If you go right to the forums here you are missing out on a lot of good info and of course the cover page with the BOM pictures.

http://www.thegsresources.com/images...me/2010_06.jpg

Comment

nice bike.

Comment

Working...
                            X