Rear shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear shocks

Just curious if anyone has a couple of opinions on what the best setting for the rear shock are for riding thanks for the help...

Originally posted by Tazzman25 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has a couple of opinions on what the best setting for the rear shock are for riding thanks for the help...
    best settings are for static and rider sag. Looks up Ohlins suspension settings for exampls

Comment

First, set the stock shocks in the garbage. They're dangerous junk.

Then order up a set of better shocks. Progressive, Hagon, and Ikon are all pretty good, and if you're on the larger side, the cheap $80 Emgo/Chinese generics are pretty decent.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Z1 are out of stock on the Ikons. I have put quite a few miles on stock shocks with no probs but I am one of the lighter ones and aftermarket are definitely better.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Shocks

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
          Z1 are out of stock on the Ikons. I have put quite a few miles on stock shocks with no probs but I am one of the lighter ones and aftermarket are definitely better.
          just fitted a set of ikons to me Gs1000s the differance is amazing far better handling and comfort than the progresive 412s i had but they were 9yrs old.
          wel impressed so far.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
            Z1 are out of stock on the Ikons.
            They've been out of stock since about January...
            I've emailed them twice since and they keep saying they are trying to get some.
            And right now, I don't have the cash for 'em anyway...so stockers here...
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              They've been out of stock since about January...
              I've emailed them twice since and they keep saying they are trying to get some.
              And right now, I don't have the cash for 'em anyway...so stockers here...
              I tried Z1 they said we are out stock ,dont now if we will be getting anymore in
              didnt seemed that botherd so went some where else.

Comment

Working...
              X