Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for measurements from Bandit 1200.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for measurements from Bandit 1200.

I'm trying to establish the space in between the forks on the steering stem of a Bandit 1200 with 43mm forks.

The hope is that it is the same as the 43mm GSXR front end I'm using, so that I can swap the Bandit triples (read: has bar risers) into the equation but not have to otherwise fabricate anything up to make the wheel/brakes/etc. work. I have a line on a reasonably-priced 1200 stem/triples that would probably cost me less than the fabrication work I need done to install handle bar risers on the GSXR top tree.

So, if any of you have firsthand knowledge, or a Bandit to measure, I'd be much obliged if you could send those measurements this a'way.

Originally posted by wkmpt View Post
    I'm trying to establish the space in between the forks on the steering stem of a Bandit 1200 with 43mm forks.

The hope is that it is the same as the 43mm GSXR front end I'm using, so that I can swap the Bandit triples (read: has bar risers) into the equation but not have to otherwise fabricate anything up to make the wheel/brakes/etc. work. I have a line on a reasonably-priced 1200 stem/triples that would probably cost me less than the fabrication work I need done to install handle bar risers on the GSXR top tree.

So, if any of you have firsthand knowledge, or a Bandit to measure, I'd be much obliged if you could send those measurements this a'way.
    I'm pretty sure it is all different. That is why you go either GSXR or Bandit.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      I'm pretty sure it is all different. That is why you go either GSXR or Bandit.
      If I understand you correctly, in regards to the lower/stem/upper triple, I have to go all GSXR or all Bandit, correct? If that's correct, thank you, that's part of the information I am seeking, and definitely the plan.

My goal in my OP is to find out whether or not I will need more adaptation at the wheel (spacer/brackets/whatever) to adapt the Gixxer front end (sans triples) to the bandit triple. My concern is that the Bandit spacing is either wider or narrower than the GSXR and that I would need spacers at the axle to make sure things line up correctly. If it's not an issue and is in fact 'plug and play' than I'm all over that bandit triple like white on rice.

Ultimately, I'm trying to find out more about the bandit stuff so I can weigh the the lowest cost option, between having risers welded onto the triple I already have, or (if) additional parts would be necessary to make the bandit stuff work.

Comment

Working...
      X