Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gaskets.

Hi all,

having seen the prices of gasket sets for my 83 750T, I have managed to make my first cylinder head cover gasket. It was a bit of a chore but it works.

My question is: Does anyone have full size scans of the paper/card gaskets for the 83 750T? I only ask as I have a buddy who works in a sign making place and they can cut stuff out of gasket paper/card on their vinyl plotter/cutter machine thingy, if I can give him full size pdf's or similar. I know this is a long shot but it would be handy.

As an after thought, it would be a good addition to the forum to have these available for people to download so they can make their own gaskets.

thank you for your time...

Mac.

One idea... ink or paint the valve cover and use it as a stamp, and compare the image to how the original gasket looks. Then use the 'stamped' image to scan

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
      One idea... ink or paint the valve cover and use it as a stamp, and compare the image to how the original gasket looks. Then use the 'stamped' image to scan

a large flat bed scanner would work providing all of the sealing surface can lie flat

well almost all of it you could modify a graphic
      did this for some very expensive gaskets i ordered once
      lost the gaskets and the graphic

alas

Comment

Working...
      X