upgrade brakes for 450?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade brakes for 450?

It might be more hassle than it's worth, just wondered if anyone has used forks from a different GS bike to have dual front discs on a 450? I'm not sure what the dimensions are for the fork tubes on the 450 as compared with say, the 650G or 750.

david,

Have you looked at "Hillsies 450 cafe build" in Appearance section. I don't know if ya need dualies up front on a 425 but I like his rear disk and wheels.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

There are a couple of threads out there if you search for upgrades... I was looking for the same thing after I found out I need new pads and a new rotor for my '81 450.

The easiest upgrade is going to be done with a dual piston caliper and a bigger disk. Parts will be needed as follows...

-'87-'96 Kawasaki Ninja zx600 front brake caliper (dual piston)
      -Brake Rotor from a 550 or bigger GS with a single front brake (the dual front disk bikes had a smaller rotor that won't work for this...)
      -A bracket to space the caliper out
      -brake fluid

It's really that easy, get the caliper, a bigger GS rotor, and then install using a bracket to relocate the lower caliper mount out about 1.25".

The info is in these two links below.

GS1000 Ninja Brake Mod

Twinpot Brake Upgrade

Comment

Working...
      X