Headlamp bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlamp bracket

I bought headlamp brackets from an early 90ies gs500 and want to use it on my '79 gs750e. The bracket is made for 37mm rods and I have 35mm.

I'm thinking I can wrap 1mm duct tape around the chrome rods, but it might not look so good. Does anyone have a better idea?

Originally posted by Walle View Post
    I bought headlamp brackets from an early 90ies gs500 and want to use it on my '79 gs750e. The bracket is made for 37mm rods and I have 35mm.

I'm thinking I can wrap 1mm duct tape around the chrome rods, but it might not look so good. Does anyone have a better idea?
    I have modified ears by cutting the rings and added extensions to fit larger stantions. U might not want to weld on those ; they look nice.

Other option is to put a sleeve of thin PVC (entire length between the ears) NOT the schedule 40 stuff. It is probably too thick. You can cut a length wise slit as well to get it to the correct ID. You can color/dye/paint it. Black liquid shoe polish works.

Not sure is you did little rings just under the rubber if they would stay in place

Comment

Working...
    X