Fork Seals 85 700ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Seals 85 700ES

So I have my forks all apart and got the call my seals are in.

Am I right that the inner tube has to be in place then the seal goes in?

Doesn't look like the brass colored ring on the bottom of the inner tube will go through without damaging the seal.

You are correct. Pop the tube in to the fork bottom and get everything tightened up down there. Next, smear some fork oil on your new seal on the outside and a bit of grease on the outside, slide it down over the tube and push it home. Sometimes they slide straight in, sometime they need a slight whack - use a slightly wider tube that pushes on the outside of the seal.

Don't forget to put the new seals in the right way round.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by vista461 View Post

Doesn't look like the brass colored ring on the bottom of the inner tube will go through without damaging the seal.
      You might want to change that, it should have a grey teflon coating on it.

You can get the part number here:
      Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

You can also order the parts there, I usually go with cycle-parts.com

/\/\ac

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic View Post
        You might want to change that, it should have a grey teflon coating on it.

You can get the part number here:
        Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

You can also order the parts there, I usually go with cycle-parts.com

/\/\ac
        +1. The bushings should be replaced along with the seals. You have an upper and lower bushing in each leg.

Comment

Working...
        X