Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key number location on '83 GS1100E?

Is this it?

It is three digits...only ones I can find, so I'm thinking that's it.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

It should be. I also think they put the key on the back of the helmet lock as well. Why did you blank out the key number for the photo? I was going to take the E for a midnight spin at the next rally after I got "loose". Is there a followup tutorial in the works.
    82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
    81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
    83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
    06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
    AKA "Mr Awesome"

Comment

Originally posted by twr1776 View Post
      It should be. I also think they put the key on the back of the helmet lock as well. Why did you blank out the key number for the photo? I was going to take the E for a midnight spin at the next rally after I got "loose". Is there a followup tutorial in the works.
      No helmet lock...

Well I could just leave my custom ignition switch on it...that way anyone could ride it if they need to...

Comment

Just FYI if anyone is interested...I ordered a couple of keys from this guy...

He was recommended on a Ninja250 forum I belong to.

Emailed him my key number and bike info last night...
        2 cut keys shipped for $30...

Got an email this morning that they will be in the mail today...

Good service right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          Just FYI if anyone is interested...I ordered a couple of keys from this guy...

He was recommended on a Ninja250 forum I belong to.

Emailed him my key number and bike info last night...
          2 cut keys shipped for $30...

Got an email this morning that they will be in the mail today...

Good service right there.
          If they work.
          Why did you mark out the number? I wanted to ride your bike.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Once you get a key, Ace Hardware will order any blank you need for a very small charge. $2.00 or less, if memory serves me correct, including cut to your factory key.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
              Once you get a key, Ace Hardware will order any blank you need for a very small charge. $2.00 or less, if memory serves me correct, including cut to your factory key.
              Thanks...I actually have an uncut blank in my new parts stash.
              As for my local Ace Hardware...they screwed up the last Suzuki key I had them cut.

But I need to see if this fresh key will unlock my stuck switch.
              If it doesn't, I'll be shopping for a matched lock set for the bike.

Comment

Working...
              X