GS1000 gauges fit a gs650?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 gauges fit a gs650?

Does anyone know if the gs1000 gauges will fit a gs650gl? I'm mostly talking about electrical connections, because I'm pretty sure the speedo and tach cables are the same.

Thanks,
    William

You're right about the tach / speedo cables. Otherwise they won't be a direct plug in but it will only be a little re-wiring needed. No gear indicator on the 1000 either.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Hm... It looks like there is a gear indicator in the photo:

Maybe they mislabeled it?

These look an awful lot like the [broken] cluster I have on there at the moment.

Comment

I have a 650GL cluster, some of it is good, some is not. Maybe you can put the good parts of the two together? PM me if you are interested.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

My center cluster is cracked, but works. The tach works great, but the face is cracked and cable broke, and the speedo is shot, but the cable is fine... Sounds like a joke, but it's not.

What do you have?

(I'd PM, but this way I don't have to describe it multiple times)

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamGLX81 View Post
            My center cluster is cracked, but works. The tach works great, but the face is cracked and cable broke, and the speedo is shot, but the cable is fine... Sounds like a joke, but it's not.

What do you have?

(I'd PM, but this way I don't have to describe it multiple times)
            No cracks on the center cluster, the gas guage is stuck about 1/3 or so, have not tried to check into why.
            The tach is broken, chrome cover for it has met the pavement, the speedo looks good, I have the mounting plate for it all, cables, etc.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hey man, thanks for the idea. I was waiting to see about some Ebay auctions, and I just got a complete cluster (looks like it matches what I have, which is not stock gs650) for $36 delivered.
              Thanks for the effort.
              ..Hehe, you have a seat with a complete seatpan?

Comment

Working...
              X