Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im not sure where to put this. idle issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not sure where to put this. idle issue.

i brought the bike wrecked a few years ago didnt get it running until just here recently.i took a vacation from society for a few years. had to repair all kinds of stuff.had alot of problems with the carbs that were on it cleaned them numerous times an it just wouldnt run with them got some off of ebay ended up having to take them to a shop and they cleaned rebuilt them and the bike has been running good i havent tagged it yet wanting to find all the problems first. Anyways today is the longest i've had it out about an hour and a half previously around 30 minutes and everything was fine but on this longer tip with the bike getting nice and hot she will die while trying to idle its not a real big problem beacuse it will start right back up and idle fine after about 5 minutes untill i runher for an hour again then she will die at idlehave to wait 5ish minutes and she will start right back u and be fine again for another hour or so before to day i wasent runing her long maybe 30 minutes max with a few hours between taking it out again and it didnt have this issue any ideas? thanks mike.

it was a bad gas cap i dont remember if the tank that was on it had a vent but this one is supposed to breath threw the gas cap and i was using the cap from the old tank. buddy at the bar gave me a diffrent one and problem apears solved

Comment

HI Mr. mwsills,

Yes, a clogged vent on the gas cap can cause these issues. Good catch. Please accept this "mega-welcome" with lots more tips and tricks. I'm glad you found us.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X