Got my GS 750's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my GS 750's

Picked up my 4 GS 750's on Saturday,1 85 EF with papers and 3 83's 2 EF's and an E that is crashed.None of the 83's have papers.Payed $800 for all of them.Was to busy Saturday to do anything with then so went out yesterday (Sun) after work and tried to start the 85.When I hit the starter the second time it ran for a second and died.OK I thought lets take off the tank to see what's going on.Do that,hit the starter and away she went.Yes I was excited.Bad fuel tap,With 3 other bikes I found a good one
    Here's a link to my Photobucket albumhttp://http://s573.photobucket.com/a.../GS750%20pics/
    Last edited by Guest; 12-01-2010, 06:35 AM.

Bad link, try again....http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/s.../GS750%20pics/, now it works. Good find.

Comment

Thanks for fixing the link Dan.Computer newb.When I looked at them the first time the guy said people looked at the papered one but passed on the deal as it didn't run.Looks like I'm the semi smart one that saw the potential.Lots of work to get it looking good again but hey it's what I wanted!

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
        Picked up my 4 GS 750's on Saturday,1 85 EF with papers and 3 83's 2 EF's and an ES that is crashed.None of the 83's have papers.Payed $800 for all of them.Was to busy Saturday to do anything with then so went out yerterday (Sun) after work and tried to start the 85.When I hit the starter the second time it ran for a second and died.OK I thought lets take off the tank to see what's going on.Do that,hit the starter and away she went.Yes I was excited.Bad fuel tap,With 3 other bikes I found a good one
        Herse's a link to my Photbucket albumhttp://http://s573.photobucket.com/a.../GS750%20pics/
        You bugger I was looking at those..dam too many projects not enough cash

Comment

Looks like you should be able to get somthing on the road. I'm pretty happy with my supertrapp even though it still doesn't have the end cap and difussers, it still sounds great.. check out my link.. My header also had a couple of flat spots, but they were fixable. IF for some crazy reason you need to get rid of the fuel tank gas cap (One with the little hinge) let me know..

Comment

I'm envious. You could loose yourself out in those for weeks....sighhhh
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

When you are in photobucket SV there will be a box underneath that says "IMG" code. Right click and copy that link then paste it in the body of your GSR post and you will get nice big pics like this. Nice find BTW!
              Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks Guys.Russ33 yeah I was thinking about that today.Works the same here as it does at SVRider.Something I read when I joined made me think it didn't.
                azr,yeah I'm having fun exploring them.Going to cherry pick the best pieces for the 85
                Rkt-Rch,The second black one has a header to looks better than the crashed bikes so I'm good to go,I hope.I'm keepin the flush cap on the 85 tank thanks.
                GS road racer,You snooze you lose

Comment

Took the carbs off to see how they look.Don't think I need to rebuild but will see.Give them a good cleaning at any rate.Forgot how much fun it is to take I4 mixxers off,not!
                  More pics:
                  [/IMG]
                  OK what am I doing wrong?
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                    Took the carbs off to see how they look.Don't think I need to rebuild but will see.Give them a good cleaning at any rate.Forgot how much fun it is ti take I4 mixxers off,not!
                    More pics:
                    [/IMG]
                    OK what am I doing wrong?
                    You need to click on the little icon that looks like a little mountain above and insert in the box and then hit enter

Comment

I'd say ya got one heck of a deal for sure!

Comment

I'll crack this picture thing another time.See my album link for now,thanks.Did a carb clean today,not a full breakdown but they where not that bad.Enough crud to make it worth while though.Exploring the second black bike I found a fairly new battery,Put it on my battery tender overnight and today.Checked the voltage,it was 12.9.If it holds there abouts I've got two good batteries.Also found a tool kit and another air filter.

Comment

Cracked the picture thing.Needed to clean the carbs.For got how hard it is to get the carbs off a old GS.

Let the cleaning begin.Other than the crud they looked OK.

Ready to go back in.The are mostly in now.I ran out of light and patients today.Also put one of the fuel taps in the tank.The diaphragm was toast.
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2010, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Got the 85 running again today,Used to be able to get I4 cabs out easier than this seemed to be.Think I will get better with practice.Had a bit of drama with the fuel tap I put on.It didn't,no problem with 3 parts bikes I just tried another one and:

That one flowed fuel,obviously.Once I adjusted the idle speed it is great.Runs like a top.Picked up a couple of oil filters today as they where on clearance.Going to put the dino Rottela in that I bought for the SV.Next big thing is to get the Supertrap on.
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-01-2010, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Very nice deal. I take it the 85 is the all black one. What are your future plans as far as paint?

Comment

Working...
                              X