Project GS15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project GS15

I have been making great progress on restoring my 78 GS1000, Frame no GS1000-100015 since the beginning of the year. And I have been intending to try and set up some sort of restoration diary so those on this site who might be interested could follow along. I have been getting such great satisfaction from the resto progress that the diary has taken a very low priority and has not progress to where I had once planned it would.

I have decided that if I wait until the diary is all up to date before I share it, that may never happen. Therefore I am introducing the link so that, if anyone is interested to follow the rest of the project, they can. Photos of the project as it has progressed, with a little bit of commentary, are on the site and I will keep adding photos (and maybe more info) as things move on.

the link is:

Last edited by Bill Alexander; 06-25-2010, 08:46 PM. Reason: grammar & clarity
    Bill Alexander
    New Zealand
    78 GS1000 - Red
    02 GSX1400 - Blue

Its is all about the journey not the destination

Very nice work so far well done! I like the red ones, seems like you don't see many. Reminds me of the old Cooley racer, Subscribed..

Comment

Looks Good

Looking good. I like the apporach you are taking on building a rider not a show piece. Will be following this build.
      80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
        Very nice work so far well done! I like the red ones, seems like you don't see many. Reminds me of the old Cooley racer, Subscribed..
        Thanks, have to admit that keeping it red has always been top priority for me - I really like the colour. As it turned out, a friend had just been painting a new door on an old Toyota and thought the colour might be a close match. He brought in a sample and we just couldn't tell the difference when compared with the unfaded paint up under the tank. So.... we painted it with a mid 80's toyota colour which I think was called something like "British Red". When we painted the cowl from the bottom of the seat it was just not possible to see a difference between the new paint and the original plastic so I am pretty happy that the colour is 99.999% authentic.
        Bill Alexander
        New Zealand
        78 GS1000 - Red
        02 GSX1400 - Blue

Comment

Looking good mate.
          Can't wait to see the finished article.......

Comment

Progress Report

Started the engine today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Running pretty well after 20 plus years of being stopped.

I haven't added much in the way of photos to my restoration blog lately mainly because I have been trying to get on with the restore. Progress has been pretty good too. With the motor now in the bike and going there is just a few hours work until it can be riden.

My completion goal was 28th Nov which would be the 24th aniversary of my buying it. Looks like I will be about a week or 2 late. In the overall scale of things, that is close enough for me
            Bill Alexander
            New Zealand
            78 GS1000 - Red
            02 GSX1400 - Blue

Comment

Working...
            X