1979 GS850 G Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS850 G Rebuild

well so far i got the bike and i know absolutly nothing about it or M/C mechanics lol. I am attempting to bring this big thing back to life which i think may be as little as cleaning out the carbs unfortunatly i really dont know how to do that and i've already discovered that when you pull the airbox boots off the carbs they shrink and wont go back on so off to the parts store i go i guess, I think at this point im gonna take it in to a mechanic an have it fixed i just hope they dont want my first born and an arm and a leg to fix it lol.

If you take it to a mechanic, you are going to pay big money. Cleaning the carbs is relatively straightforward if you take your time and keep things organized. Most of the stuff is not beyond the newcomer, and there is plenty of information here, and if BassCliff hasn't introduced himself yet he probably will soon. He has all the info you need.
    You will need a few special tools, like an impact driver, but most of the stuff can be had cheap at places like Harbor Freight. Everything you do yourself is accumulated knowlege, so don't get discouraged.
    Best thing to do is post some pics so the hive-mind can help evaluate your situation.
    Good luck...

Comment

Working...
    X