Help Needed - Stranded in Raymond, NH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed - Stranded in Raymond, NH

What is the stator output for a 1982 gs450txz? After riding a few hundred highway miles the bike wouldn't start after a stop at gas station. Batt acid levels were low. Recharged battery at auto parts store, still nothing but dim light. I was able to push start, but that was only good for a minute. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Darren

Hi,

How old is your battery? Only dim lights after recharging? Sounds like a bad battery, or a short in your electrical system somewhere. But you'll have to go through the troubleshooting procedures in the Stator Papers to test your entire charging system. Are all the connections and grounds clean? Is the r/r grounded to the negative battery terminal? Is the fuse box clean?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

If you're not in a position to do any detailed diagnostics, just look at the wiring connections to your R/R (regulator/rectifier). On some models it is on the bottom side of the battery box.
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

If you're always adding water to the battery I'd suspect a bad R/R. It could be charging too hot and boiling the battery dry.

Comment

Working...
        X