82 Katana almost done - need help with steering damper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 Katana almost done - need help with steering damper

Here it is. Ready for tuning and then the body pieces. Only question - where does the steering damper attach to the fork tubes. I spent three hours trying different positions on both fork, with the joint on top and on the bottom. It always fouled the faring frame, or the motor, or the tube when extended or retracted. I am positive I have it mounted on the frame correctly (unless it goes on the left mounting holes). Can anyone look at these pictures and help me out?

Here is a picture of bike before body

Comment

Here is the Yoshi exhaust I repaired

Comment

Cant help you with the dampener, but really nice build you have done there!!

Comment

Originally posted by gsryder View Post
          Cant help you with the dampener, but really nice build you have done there!!
          Thanks! i really screwed up by not taking pictures before I took it apart.

Comment

The mounting will be specific to the style mounts you have so unless someone has the same damper mounting brackets you're probably just going to have to work it out. Here's a picture of mine, but the brackets look to be a different design;

If it would help I'd be happy to pop the RH fairing lower off and try and get some pictures.

Comment

Working...
            X