Wish me Luck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish me Luck.

So a week ago today i bought a 1980 GS850GL. She cleaned up real nice. The only problem is that it wasnt charging. Found to be a faulty regulator. Replaced that yesterday to watch her charge for about 10 minutes and then the stator went out, right in front of my eyes. New part should be here today and hopefully she will be up and running when i get home at 9pm tonight. Better be i sold my old virago xv500 yesterday and until the suzuki gets going again i'm bikeless.

Welcome and good luck with the bike.Charging system was one of the weak links in these fine bikes.

1978 GS1000C
    1979 GS1000E
    1980 GS1000E
    2004 Roadstar

Comment

Charging system failure can be a symptom of bad connections and bad grounds in the charging system. follow the wise advice of POSPLAYER on this subject, and also follow the "She Stator Papers" diagnostic flow chart. Don't just buy and plug in replacement parts. Try to address the probable source of the charging system component failures.

I almost always find of overheated connections between the stator and the wiring harness, and also between the Regulator/Rectifier and the harness. This will lead to early component failure.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
      X