GS1100GK exhaust bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100GK exhaust bolts

what is the correct bolt for a 1100 gk exhaust header?

I noticed a new sound out of my gk this week, one of the pipes on my exhaust has come unbolted,

so I need to know the exact bolt needed to bolt on the exhaust to the head.

thanks

Lou

I'm afraid I can't help you with the exact bolt, Lou, but as long as you're looking for replacement bolts you MIGHT want to consider replacing them with studs instead. I've heard that a lot of people prefer the studs because once they're in you never have to worry about stripping out the threads again. Of course, there IS the matter of getting all the other bolts out cleanly so that you CAN put studs in...

Anyway, I'm sure one of the "experts" in this area will come along soon to help you sort it out, but I figured I'd at least throw the stud option out there...

Good luck with it!

Regards,

Comment

will do, now if i could just figure out what size LOL.

checked bikebandit and couple of other places but all they give is a part number, not the size.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BigLou View Post
        will do, now if i could just figure out what size LOL.

checked bikebandit and couple of other places but all they give is a part number, not the size.

Thanks
        I suppose if you can successfully remove one of the other exhaust bolts you can take it to your local auto parts / hardware / cycle shop and have them determine the correct size for you ... and then if you're lucky they'll be able to cross reference the correct studs to buy in replacement.

Good Luck, and
        Regards,

Comment

Part fiche here http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm says 8 x 45. Would be about $2 here
          http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/ You probably want to get a good hardened bolt.
          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
          1983 GS 1100 G
          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

I agree with 1948man.

Per the GS1000G parts book on BikeCliff's web site, that number is 01500-08453 but was 0832-08458. The 0845 part of the number is the diameter and length. I believe that the 8 in the old number makes it a grade 8.8. JIS grade 8.8 is not a super high grade bolt, between a grade 2 and grade 5 SAE. I would switch to stainless allens myself.

Suzuki part numbers are good that way for bolts, and maybe other stuff, but I haven't figured it out.

Ace or True Value should have them in carbon or stainless, whatever you want.
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

don't forget to use a dab of coppergrease on em either.... makes removal a lot easier

Comment

Working...
              X