1980 GSX750 ummm customised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GSX750 ummm customised

Hi guys i'm what you would call a newbie so I thought I would post a picy or 7 of a project I just finished along with saying "G-Day"........I was going to post it in a custom thread but I thought it needed its own so here is one on my bikes, the project took about 2-3mths and total cost including bike……$900au give or take a fity (labour not included).

1980 GSX750E

I do have to say this first so there’s no comment regarding the bikes appearance…
    I have a GS1000 that I want to turn into a show bike (want to do one, a show bike that is once in my life) so for that project I bought this to learn what’s entailed…. And I have to say I have learnt HEAPS, and now its time for the GS project…

I bought the 750 6mths ago solely for the purpose of teaching myself techniques; painting, carbon fibre work, polishing etc etc. I went to the extent of experimenting with what types of paints have better finishes and durability, experimented with additives as well; metal flakes, pearls, Phosphorescent/UV pigments etc (read the paint section that explains the pigments better, this is the best part of it and the main reason for the experimenting!).

So in essence it’s a mock-up or pallet if you will of a p-piece from here and a p-piece from there, to see what I will do with the GS….nothing more nothing less!……

(check out the chain guard and headlight brackets, don’t care what you think to me they turned out FANTASTIC especially the guard its even textured and looks EXACTLY like snakes skin which is actually only carbon fibre)

Oh! And it does go well, apart from the re-jetting that’s needed!

Custom stuff:
    Mikuni 36mm gxier carbs
    GS1000e front end
    Daytona Clipons
    Tuned exhaust
    Marzohcci Rear shocks
    Carbon fibre work: seat, rear cowl, headlight brackets, cosmetic side panels and chain
    guard
    Aftermarket rear disc
    Rear view mirrors
    Indicators
    And anything else you can see that I forgot to mention….

Now the best part

Paintwork:
    Frame: Metallic rainbow flake with chameleon purple/blue pearl over black base
    Swing arm fork tubes and battery box: Metallic rainbow flake over sky blue pearl
    Panel/cosmetic: Metallic rainbow flake over midnight blue pearl
    Bits and pieces (sprocket etc): lame flake over purple pearl on black base
    Tank & badges: Lame metallic flake over gold pearl
    Carbon fibre: Clear with metal flake and purple pearl (marine)

THIS I REALY NEED YOU GUYS TO READ AS THIS IS THE MAIN REASON FOR ALL OF THIS….
    This is the best part and I needed to know how it will turn out and WOW!…….

Swing arm, frame, battery box, fork tubes, panel work even that crappy gold paint on the tank….GLOWS IN THE DARK BRIGHT GREEN!

Turn the light out and it all glows bright green, my mates are amazed at the transformation and so am I. From every color under the rainbow through the day to bright green at night. Lasts about 20min at full strength then tapers off for about an hour…..
    Imagine if you will….. you have heated all of it with an oxy till its bright yellow and are looking through the green tinted goggles…….that’s the only and best description!

ALL the work is done by me….

Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2010, 06:53 PM. Reason: more pics

Nice!!!

Are you sure this is a practice bike? It looks great! Seriously, good job. And I bet your GS1000 will be even better. Please make a thread about the GS1000. I would love to see the process of it turning into a show bike.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
      Are you sure this is a practice bike? It looks great! Seriously, good job. And I bet your GS1000 will be even better. Please make a thread about the GS1000. I would love to see the process of it turning into a show bike.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, much appriciated......

Seriously it is only a practice, heres one thing it taught me....One person CANNOT put the motor in without scratching the frame ....

This is what its all for.......Heres were the GS is at, soughting out the frame side of it at the moment, the front and rear are off a 97 SRAD 750 (poor choice they change a lot by then) took a while to get it to this.......

when I start it again, I will post an ongoing thread.

Comment

Working...
      X