Purchase advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase advice

Hi, I'm new to the forum and can tell there's wealth of knowledge around here!
    Question: I've decided to buy an older GS between the years 1978 and 1982.I'm looking at 750-1000cc. Can anyone advise on this decision? I love the looks of this era GS but am also interested in the most reliable bike I can purchase. My mechanical knowledge can be considered 'light', but I do plan to learn as required.

Thankyou!

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. ddeboer,

For the most part these bikes are reliable and bullet proof. Depending on initial condition they may require a lot of TLC in order to return them to this condition. You'll find a couple of lists in your "mega-welcome". These tasks are mandatory and need to be done properly. Then you will have a bike that will outlast any crotch rocket.

Anyway, I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thankyou-much appreciated

Thankyou-much appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X