Any known problems to look out for?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any known problems to look out for?...

I'm going to look at a '93 GS500e tonight. I know this is kind of last-minute, but are there any known problems (read: expensive to repair) with these bikes that I should be on the lookout for?

Here's the listing:
    http://rockford.craigslist.org/mcy/1841661608.html

I spoke to the guy briefly, the bike's all there, he says that it runs poorly on one cylinder. I'm pretty sure he said it's jetted to match the pipes as well, that suggests to me that there's a chance he actually knows something about motorcycles, hopefully the bike's in decent shape.

I figure if it at least has compression the rest can't be too bad to fix?...

Ask Bwringer bout those. I know he had some experience with rebuilding the motors completely. They did one for awjonesiii girls bike. Something about crank bearings. If the guy starts it and it sounds like a jackhammer or a threshing machine, I'd keep walkin.

Comment

Thanks Josh, I'll give him a shout.

Gynormous Congratulations by the way! From the pics it looks like it was an a beautiful day, and a wonderful ceremony. It must have been great to be surrounded by so many of our GSR family.

Good on you and Rose both! May you have a long, long, blessed road together.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X