GS450L to 450T conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450L to 450T conversion?

I didn't even know I was making a T but that seems like what I've done here. I put GS550M Katana bars on an L I'm building for a friend of mine and the cables and hoses are way too long now so when I was googling 450's to find something similar I saw the T ....which at first glance seems to be an L with different bars.

Here is the real question: Can I just order the cables for the T version? I wanted to make sure the cable ends were the same mostly, the 550 clutch cable I have has a different end at the engine side.

Any tuning tips or things to watch out for in particular? I've already rebuilt the carbs, adjusted the valves, cleaned/lubed the swingarm bearings, cleaned the caliper and master cyl, replaced pads and shoes and cleaned all the electrical connections.
    I'm planning to rebuild the forks as needed and install knock off cartridge emulators from that Yamaha site, repack and adjust the stem bearings and install a new aftermarket headlight.

Bike has a stock airbox and exhaust but I'm hoping to replace that with a 2:1 soon. Keeping the airbox though.

-/\/\ac
Working...
X