Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Georgia to UP of Michigan... wanna join?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Georgia to UP of Michigan... wanna join?

Hey ya'll! I"m riding up da beautiful Yooper land up in Michigan from Georgia. Anyone want to ride along with for a bit, or want to offer some great rides? I'll prolly stay the night in Columbus, IN, ride north through Chicago and Wisconsin. Then head back south through down state Michigan... stop in Detroit. I"ll pass through NC, KY, OH, along the way. Anyone got any great local rides, live music? I"d love the company! IF you follow me up to the UP, I could prolly take ya rafting as a thank you, or show ya some BEAUTIFUL rides in da UP, eh? Please help get me off the highway! Thanks Dean!

email me directly at ekim189@yahoo.com

When is all this ridin supposed to take place and how long do you intend to be doing all of this riding?
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

dates

haha thanks Octain... that would be good information to know eh? LOL Yeah i'm going to leave as soon as the old girl gets out of the shop getting a charging issue diagnosed. ( Hopefully it is something small, and I can ride out soon!) I"m expecting July 28th or 29th. I have to be back at work on Aug 10th. I"m real open to flexible scheduling!

Comment

Check out the tunnel of trees ride in northern michigan and a trip down m-22 in northern michigan is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by ekim189 View Post
          haha thanks Octain... that would be good information to know eh? LOL Yeah i'm going to leave as soon as the old girl gets out of the shop getting a charging issue diagnosed. ( Hopefully it is something small, and I can ride out soon!) I"m expecting July 28th or 29th. I have to be back at work on Aug 10th. I"m real open to flexible scheduling!

Like tomorrow or thursday? Hehe, I wish I had that much flex in my world, lol.
          Have fun!!

You going to do this ride on the bike thats in the shop with a charging issue? Is this bike a GS?
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by ekim189
            Hey everyone... i"m looking for a starter mostly for a 1982 GS 1100L. Sometime in the future I could use a gas tank too. Thanks so much! Please email me at ekim189@yahoo.com

Dean
            So, is this the bike you're riding? There is some real good riding along the Lake Michigan shoreline on the western side of the lower peninsula, twisty, winding, small towns taking you to the Mackinac Bridge to the UP. You'll be putting in some long days, but it would be fun.

Comment

do yopurself a favor and DONT STOP IN DETROIT..just left after 22 years down there...I wouldnt leave my bike out of my sight unless it was cahined to a one eyed pit bull with aids and a bad attitude!!!
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X